Saturday, November 1, 2014

#NoNothingNovember

Wow, it's been a while since I last wrote. The reason for that being that I've been writing everything down in a journal rather than on a blog. However, a recent trend called #NoNothingNovember, started by Kidstrangelove of Manosphere.com, has got me writing on this blog again.

So what is #NoNothingNovember? It's a challenge to give up our vices for a month to motivate self-improvement.

These past two years, I've been working so intently to improve my body and health, that I haven't taken much time to improve just myself. I went from 175lbs to 130. So now that my body is finally in a place where I'm happy with it, I'd like to focus on improving myself in other ways. This is why I've taken an interest in this challenge.

After some serious thought, consideration, and debating with myself, I've chosen several vices to dissolve and conquer!

MY VICES:
1) Getting distracted by the internet 

Several of my classes require that I use the internet for research and access to assignments. I've always struggled with staying focused while on the internet, because there are so many places where you can wind up. I tell myself that I need a break from a task and allow myself to give in to temptation. I need to gain better focus online, and be able to sit down at the computer and complete what needs to be completed. For one month, I'm going to use the computer for more productive things, other than procrastination.

2) Saying what I want to say when I need to say it

I've gotten far too comfortable with keeping my mouth shut in a moment when I could have spoken up. This means more participation in class, conversations with band mates, and phone calls. Although it's my job to answer phones, I'm absolutely awful at expressing myself during a casual phone call. After being in a situation where I could have spoken, I go home and I write in my journal everything I should have said. So no more of that. Say what I want to say when I need to say it and no more being passive!

3) Studying Harder

Last year, I had far less responsibilities which allowed me more time to study. Now that I have more things on my plate, I have less free time to dedicate to studying. Hopefully, by using my time more wisely online, I'll be able to have more time for that. SAT's are coming up, so I need to study for that more.

4) Eating when I'm not hungry

I just need to not eat if I'm not hungry. That one is pretty straight forward.




Well, there you have it. Those are my vices! I hope that if you've taken the time to read through these, maybe because you were curious or needed some inspiration, that you'll realize that there's always room for self-improvement. Good luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment