Wednesday, November 26, 2014

History

History is the story that was before me.

     I've taken several history classes, and always seemed to struggle in those more than my other classes. It's hard for me to grasp the knowledge of life before my own. To think that life started way before my life, at times, is just ridiculous. So sometimes I feel like learning history is ridiculous.
     The stories that we are told in school are always changing. When we learn these stories, they are just from the perspective of one person. Maybe it was revised by another man, but how can we ever really know if the stories we are learning are the truth if we were never there?
     I feel as if history could be some big lie. What if the government is monitoring us and making us learn this subject in order to keep us in line?
     I ask too many questions to ever completely understand a story that is not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment