Friday, December 26, 2014

Better Than This

I'm currently on my winter break, and several times I've had to ask myself, "What am I doing?"

The answer is usually something along the lines of, "Well, nothing productive."

I can't stand to do nothing. I enjoy checking things off.

There's just nothing on my list.

Yesterday was also Christmas, and of me that requires a list of things I want so that my parents know what to get me. I just threw a bunch of random things on my list. That way, my parents would have options, and I wouldn't know what to expect. I was not disappointed. This year, I received some tea, journals, and a mini keyboard.

I love giving and sharing, so I did my fair share of asking people what they wanted for Christmas. Some people answered, and other people left me to get creative.

But then I'd look at what's in front of me and wonder, why was this made? Why wasn't it something better? I can do better.

Tomorrow I will create a list of things I want to do. No, I'll do it now. No excuses.

TO DO BEFORE THE YEAR ENDS:
1. Visit old friends
2. Go on a hike
3. Write a song with my sister
4. Finish reading a book
5. Make a youtube video on any of my accounts
6. Improve my palmistry

Don't wait for something good to come around. Don't wait for things to lighten up. It doesn't get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment