Saturday, December 6, 2014

Post SAT: Brain Goes What?

I just got back from taking my first and last SAT. There was a lot of pressure riding on this because it's my only chance. However, I feel alright. I'm mostly relieved that it's over. I have no idea how so many people have taken this multiple times.

As I was writing the essay, I was concerned about my wording. I knew what I wanted to say, but it got jumbled coming out. I've done practice essays, and have done well on those before, so I'm not sure why I struggled so much with this. I think it was just the pressure getting to me. I managed to barely scrape in a few body paragraphs and didn't get to the conclusion. I'm disappointed about that, but hey, what can you do?

I thought the math sections were easy as pie. Even for the ones that I struggled with at first I managed to get an answer down. I didn't leave anything blank, which I'm not sure is good or bad?

The closer I got to the end of the test the better I felt. The only thing that I'm a bit worried about was the interpreting of passages. Despite what my peers may think, I am awful when it comes to translating text.

Well, the SAT is out of the way now.
Bah shake it off.
Relax.

Now time for the next test. Sometime within the next two weeks I'll need to take my PFA (Physical Fitness Assessment). My 1.5 mile time is about average, but I can crank out a good amount of push-ups. Sit-ups are my weak point, but I'm hoping to improve those within these next two weeks some how. It's all about the core, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment