Saturday, January 31, 2015

Seminary Death Threat

I didn't know where else to post this.

I recently came across a journal entry that I wrote two years ago about something that happened at seminary.

It started when I decided to sit in the seat K is always at in seminary. When her friend S got there, S said to me,'Good luck with that.' I just replied, 'Oh, I'm fine.'

Now everyday, K would sit in the same seat, and whenever one of the young men would try to sit there, she'd walk in and demand they move. They always moved, and she always got what she wanted, but I was determined to not give her her way this time.

Brother M was like, 'You should probably move, she's not gonna like that.' But why should I care? She's had the same seat since the beginning of the year.

So then P walks in and P is another friend of K. She said, 'uhh...' then went and sat on the other side of the room with S. And then K walked in.

She just stood in front of me with her bible in hand and glared at me in her chair. She said, 'You need to move. That's mine'. I told her I wasn't going to move and just kept looking around the room at everyone else who was looking right back at me. 

'You should really move.' K said to me again, but I just said, 'I'm good, thanks.'

Then Ms. Molly Mormon said something that really got me.

"You're going to hell." Her face was serious and she folded her arms. I just said okay.

Brother M kept saying. "You should just move to avoid any further confrontation." Like stand up and be a man. He was just sitting in his chair watching us.

But I didn't move and S said, "Everyone is hinting at you that you should move." and K just kept standing there, glaring.

Then K lost it.

"I can snap your neck from here." But she stood still. So I just said, "Interesting, you do that."

Brother M kept saying, "Just don't cause any more confrontation."

This girl threatened to kill me within the walls of the church and he was just sitting there twiddling his thumbs, while everyone else in the room was silent.

"Violet, you really need to move. She sits there everyday." Brother M finally said. But I said, "She can experience a new view then." But everyone was staring at me. Even the girls who I had thought were my friends and I chatted with every day. Brother M started giving me this look and kept repeating, "You should move to avoid any further confrontation." I felt like a mormon Rosa Parks.

"Fine, enjoy." and I got up and walked out of seminary as I heard K echo, "I will."

I never want to go back again.

I did eventually end up going back. My Dad insisted that I do so, otherwise I was to be grounded. I felt betrayed by my so-called friends, and by Brother M. Everyone ganged up on me all because I took my seat in a different place. I was like a questioning-mormon Rosa Parks.

I forgave my Dad for sending me back, but only because the look on K's face was priceless when I showed up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment